Monday, July 1, 2013

Nature is just so weird!

Photos of an interesting moth seen on the Rowlett Creek Trail didn't turn out. So, no moth today.  Instead I have naughty Mediterranean geckos doing what comes naturally. No, I won't be embroidering a decorative throw pillow cover of this photo.

Mediterranean geckos do not advertise car insurance. They are too busy with their pest control business. Normally nocturnal, these two didn't care that it was only quarter past five in the afternoon. Ah, passion! And should it result in more little cockroach-devouring geckos, they have my enthusiastic support.


Another normally nocturnal creature brightened my morning walk at the nature preserve. It flew back and forth across Rowlett Creek several times, then posed for my camera.


I would happily undertake another owl stitching project. This is how an earlier project began.


And how it looked finished and framed.




Photos of completed projects and works in progress © 2013 Nancy L. Ruder with all rights reserved.

No comments: